Architect Jean De Ligne was called upon to design, in 1934, this dispensary intended to treat tuberculosis patients who were still too numerous at that time.
The building is located in the heart of the Marolles district, where a very poor population lived.
The style is functional, very modern, plastered walls, long horizontal windows throughout the facade, in order to let in air and light.
Beautiful Albert-Elisabeth inscription in 1930s lettering above the main door.
The building is now converted into apartments.
BRU40 - Unless otherwise stated © Admirable-facades-Brussels for all photos