Architect Antoine Pompe inherited this house dating from 1895, quite identical to its neighbor at number 45, and completely transformed it in 1937, for his personal use.
He lived there until 1952. The result was a somewhat hybrid house, with its very low front door surmounted by a stained glass window illuminating the entrance as well as the first floor and representing the architect's tools, tee and triangle.
The second-floor spur oriel hides the 3 original windows, still visible above the oriel. The garage was created in the former basement kitchen.
It is not really a piece of art, but deserves a stop, Antoine Pompe being one of the most creative and renowned architects of his time.
He was best known for his work on large “Garden Cities” built between the wars.
IXE32 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos