Here is a facade which knew many misadventures!
Built in 1906 by architect Paul Hamesse, for Lieutenant de Lannoy, it was once one of the beautiful houses on Avenue de Tervueren.
The style is purely geometric Art Nouveau, as in many of Hamesse's other constructions.
The disenchantment with Art Nouveau and the real estate rage of the 1980s turned the existence of this building, emptied of its inhabitants since 1986, upside down.
It was demolished in 1993, however the facade elements were kept in order to rebuild it elsewhere...
Ten years of struggle and discussions between politicians, promoters and Petitions-Patrimoines, led to its reconstruction in 2003.
The facade was listed in 1992.
WSP19 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos