True Art Nouveau monument, universally known, built and decorated by Paul Cauchie and his wife Caroline (Lina) Voet in 1905, to hold their workshop and personal home.
The facade is designed as a huge advertising poster, clearly visible from the neighboring avenue, praising their magnificent work. The interior is as decorated as the exterior with remarkable sgraffito, Paul Cauchie's specialty.
The house was sold by the heiress in 1980 to Guy and Léona Dessicy, art nouveau enthusiasts, who restored it from top to bottom and turned it into a museum and an art gallery.
The upper floors are still inhabited. Listed since May 1975.
The house can be visited once a month, only by reservation via the visit.brussels site
ETT04 - Unless otherwise stated © Admirable-facades-Brussels for all photos