Located in the Marolles district, in a quiet street, this is a very fine achievement by architect Léon Sneyers. The house-workshop of painter Albert Cortvriendt, built in 1900, in a Geometric Art-Nouveau style inspired by the Vienna Secession.
Three asymmetrical bays make up the facade, the right bay with its remarkable entrance door, framed by stone and stained glass, features the artist's workshop.
Beautiful sgraffito signed Adolphe Crespin, recently restored, adorn this part of the house.
The stained glass windows with geometric designs have been perfectly restored, they had disappeared in the 1980s.
Note the particularly neat handcrafted door handle.
Building listed since January 1998
BRU38 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos