Architect Hector Gérard designed this house in 1908, at the height of the Art Nouveau era on a traditional Brussels plan.
However, the architect was inspired by the Renaissance for this facade treated in bricks and sgraffito representing the great Flemish painters of the 15th century, Van Eyck, Memling, David, Van der Weyden, etc.
A bas-relief adorns the lower loggia, attributed to Duquesnoy, while a second loggia surmounts the right bay.
Leaded panes adorn all the windows.
The green color of the woodwork was decided by the current owner.
Very well restored, and well maintained, this house is worth a detour!
AND06 - Unless otherwise stated © Admirable-facades-Brussels for all photos