The paper factory complex was built in 1905 by architect Ernest Van Acker, in a classic turn of the century style.
The corner facade was added in 1927 by architect Eugène Dhuicque in a rather imposing Art Deco style.
The pediment bears the initials CDR, from the name of the founder of the paper factory, Corneille De Ruysscher.
The monumental blue stone porch is surmounted by a basket-handle awning decorated with a ceramic frieze representing Belgian cities.
Mischievous little squirrels are hiding in the ark ... The Anneessens-Funk Institute has occupied the buildings for many years.
BRU57 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos