Architect Antoine Pompe signed his first work here in 1910, an orthopedic clinic for Doctor Van Neck.
Designed in a style between declining Art Nouveau and nascent Art Deco, the architect demonstrated great creativity and modernity, already placing him in the interbellum Modernist era.
The building has undergone major transformations inside, the facade has undergone some modifications on the first floor’s windows, where the glass bricks have been replaced by conventional window frames.
Beautiful architect signature, sculpted sign of the institute and street number are to be mentioned
The building has been occupied since 1975 by the Institut de Rythmique Jacques Dalcroze.
Building classified in December 1981, then in May 2015.
SGI09 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos