Unfortunately in very poor condition, this building is the work of Modernist architect Franz-J Langeraert, designed in 1932-33 for a company supplying building materials and in particular bricks, La Maison Kessels.
It consisted of an apartment, offices and large warehouses in the rear.
The style is inspired by the Amsterdam School, and has a beautiful facade with an imposing axial tower composed of a glass window bearing the mention ANNO 1898. This is confusing, because this date is that of the constitution of the company and not that of the building.
A large clock tops it all.
The red brick masonry was applied in 1949 by architect Julien Roggen.
LAE04 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos