Built in 1931-32 by architects Fernand and Maxime Brunfaut on behalf of the Socialist Newspaper "Le Peuple", this building housed the offices and printing press of the newspaper.
Designed in a Modernist-Streamline style with a strong influence of Russian constructivism, the building plays on transparencies, through the large bay windows, and even the polygonal glazed tower.
The upper part of the party wall, which still bears the newspaper sign, slams like a banner above the surrounding roofs. The bas-relief "for the people to read" at the entrance is signed by Dolf Ledel.
Long abandoned, it has been completely restored by the Spanish principality of Asturias and turned it into its cultural center until 2015, and now housed a record label since 2016.
The building is listed since April 1989 and June 2003
BRU45 - Unless otherwise stated © Admirable-facades-Brussels for all photos