Brewery building built in 1931 by Adrien Blomme for the Wielemans-Ceupens family, for whom he had already built a prestigious mansion on the rue Defacqz, near the Avenue Louise.
The aim was to show the brewhouse and copper vats through large windows, and how beer was made. The style is resolutely industrial-modernist.
After the decline of the brewery in the late 80s, the building was vandalized and abandoned.
The Brussels-Capital region classified the building and its contents in 1993. A major renovation project was launched in 2005 to create a contemporary art center, which opened its doors in 2016 and was named "Wiels".
The building is open to visitors. To the site HERE
FOR05 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos