Real jewel, signed Strauven, built in 1902 for his personal use. Less than 4 m wide, the facade on rue Luther has all the characteristics of a large one, semicircular arch on the ground floor, wide oriel on the first and framed window on the second floor.
The architect here once again used colored, contrasting bricks. The ironwork is a little wiser than in its other constructions of the time (Maison Saint Cyr and Van Dijck). The house being built on a crossing plot, a rear facade is on rue Calvin, much simpler than the main facade, but nevertheless very neat.
The whole has been remarkably restored by the current owners.
Building classified in May 2004.
BRU29 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos