In 1903, architects Ch. De Quecker and Alphonse Hannaert designed this group of workers' dwellings on behalf of the Société Anonyme des Habitations à Bon Marché (Low-cost housing corporation) of the City of Brussels.
Built in an Eclectic Art Nouveau style, great care was taken in the yellow and red bricks arrangements on both facades and towers.
This building will later influence the design of the Cité Hellemans, rue Blaes.
The original roofs have undergone alterations, the "turrets" were removed in 1929.
The whole was remarkably restored in 2013 and remains well maintained.
FOR04 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos