Armand Solvay, son of Ernest Solvay, commissioned this remarkable mansion from Victor Horta in 1895.
The building was completed in 1903.
Benefiting from significant financial resources, the architect gave the best of himself for the creation of this Art Nouveau master piece.
All the furniture and decorative elements are Horta’s work. A magnificent painting by Théo Van Rysselberghe adorns the top of the stairs. The fantastic stained glass windows were created by glass artist Raphaël Evaldre.
It is the architect's most accomplished work.
The building has been classified since 1977, 1999 and 2012, and registered on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2000.
Since January 2021, the Solvay House has officially become a museum open to the general public, reservations HERE
BRU17 - Unless otherwise stated © Admirable-facades-Brussels for all photos