Do we still need to present this masterpiece of the Viennese Secession, designed in 1905 by Austrian architect Joseph Hoffmann for Adolphe Stoclet, a Belgian financier, who gave the architect “carte blanche” and unlimited budget to achieve a real piece of art.
Everything was created by Hoffmann, from interior design to gardens, the smallest details were taken into account by the architect who called on artists and craftsmen including Klimt and Fernand Khnopff.
Occupied by Mr. Stoclet’s heirs until 2002, the Palace was classified in its entirety by the Brussels Region, according to a detailed inventory, in November 2006.
The Palace has also been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since June 2009.
This wonder can unfortunately not be visited.
WSP04 - Unless otherwise stated © www.admirable-facades.brussels for all photos