An "Advertising catalog" house of ceramist Guillaume Janssens.
Built in 1912 by architect Victor Tinant in an Art Nouveau style with a classic touch.
The great originality of this house comes from its facade entirely covered with ceramics made in the Janssens workshops, which were located on the Chaussée de Gand nearby.
The name “Villa Marie-Mirande” is that of the ceramist's daughter.
The artist demonstrated here all his know-how, flowers, friezes, lettering, characters, everything is represented there. The result is spectacular.
Building classified in August 1988.
BER01 - Unless otherwise stated © Admirable-facades-Brussels for all photos